Our specialist team are experienced in acting on behalf of Landlords, Property Management Companies, Agents and Tenants.
Whether you are looking to let premises as a landlord or to take a commercial tenancy it is vital for both parties to fully understand the business and legal implications to ensure a smooth transaction and hopefully a solid and mutually beneficial ongoing relationship.
Our expert real estate lawyers act for both landlords and tenants of across all sectors and can prepare and advise upon leases for all types of commercial property, whether industrial, general retail or residential portfolios.
Whether you are creating a new lease, transferring your lease (perhaps as part of a business sale or purchase), terminating your lease or granting a lease to a new tenant or subtenant, our real estate team will be able to help with each step of the way.
We can help with:
- Drafting and agreeing heads of terms for the transaction.
- Drafting and negotiating leases, subleases, tenancy agreements and licences to occupy.
- Negotiating any additional transaction documents (for example, rent deposit deeds, licences to carry out works, consents to assign a lease or to sublet premises and guarantees).
- Carrying out full due diligence prior to the grant of a new lease or transfer of an existing lease (including making enquiries as to additional future outlays such as service charge).
- Terminating your lease (whether by agreeing terms for a surrender or exercising a right to break in the lease).
- Dealing with all aspects of property management for your property portfolio (for example managing requests from tenants to assign their lease, sublet or carry out works)
- Extending leases for freeholders or selling via collective enfranchisement.
To contact us with any enquiry, please fill in the following form so that a relevant legal advisor can contact you as soon as possible.