Stuart is a Partner in the Family team and has specialised in all areas of Family Law since qualifying in 2001. He joined Thackray Williams in 2018.
Stuart appreciates that the breakdown of a personal relationship and sorting out what happens next are among the most stressful events an individual will go through in their life. Consequently, his aim is to take as much of the stress and uncertainty out of the situation as possible by working closely with his clients to support them through the process whilst finding creative legal solutions for them. Frequently this will involve working with other professionals such as tax specialists, accountants and financial planners both here and overseas.
Stuart tries to resolve issues without the court becoming involved but sometimes this cannot be avoided. Regardless of how a case develops, Stuart is able to advise and guide clients through the process in an efficient, unstuffy and jargon free way.
Stuart’s specialisms are:-
- Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Financial settlements for married and unmarried couples (including in relation to children)
- Variation and Enforcement of court orders
- Emergency Relief (i.e. Injunctions) for both domestic violence and financial matters
- Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Disputes about children
- Property ownership disputes under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (ToLATA)
- International aspects relating to any of the above
- Stuart has a particular interest in cases involving trusts and inherited wealth as well as property ownership disputes.
In his spare time, Stuart enjoys taking long walks with his 3 dogs and honing his professional skills mediating disputes between his 2 daughters.
What our clients say
News | 10 March 2021
25 February 2021