Emma is a partner and heads up our employment team working out of our Bromley and Sevenoaks offices.
Emma attended Reading University 2001-2004. Went on to study LPC at College of Law, London. Emma worked in a London law firm for a year before commencing Training Contract with Thackray Williams. In 2012 Emma was made a Partner in the Employment Law Team. In January 2015 Emma became head of the Employment Law Team.
Emma's area of expertise include:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on employment contracts, directors' service agreements, consultancy agreements, policies and procedures
- Advising on post-termination restrictions, garden leave clauses, confidentiality and intellectual property
- Advising on TUPE and corporate transactions
- Managing day-to-day employment issues such as disciplinary, ill-health, capability and grievance procedures
- Advising on redundancy and business reorganisations or sale of a business; advising on dismissal, including advice and representation in proceedings in employment tribunals
- Advising on changes to terms of employment, contracts and contractual disputes including pay disputes
- Advising on Nationality and immigration issues
- Advising on all discrimination and harassment claims
- Advising on maternity, paternity, flexible working and parental rights
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating compromise agreements, settlement agreements and severance packages