Andrew specialises in residential Landlord and Tenant disputes ranging from possession actions to issues with long leases including service charge disputes in the Courts and in the First Tier Tribunal. He also deals with disputes arising in the niche area of Leasehold Enfranchisement where lessees are pursuing their right to acquire a freehold or lease extensions. Andrew also represents groups of Lessees exercising their Right to Manage and advises Landlords on this procedure.
Andrew advises clients on professional negligence claims against solicitors and surveyors arising out of residential property transactions.
He regularly undertakes his own advocacy in both the Court and Tribunal when appropriate.
Andrew’s clients range from Landlords with large property portfolios and those with just one investment property; individual lessees or large groups lessees. He works with and supports Landlords and their Letting Agents and Managing Agents seeking assistance in managing property, including assisting and advising on Major Works projects. He has wide experience in dealing with difficult tenants and lessees.
Approachable and candid, Andrew treats each client’s matter with a view to getting the outcome they are looking for in the most sensible and cost effective way, offering pragmatic advice and cost effective solutions. Working with the client to resolve a legal problem Andrew provides constant support ensuring he communicates clearly with them, responding promptly and being proactive wherever possible.
Away from work Andrew is a school Governor and is a Board member of the Sevenoaks Chamber of Commerce. When not working he is a regular squash player and golfer. He enjoys walking his dog, gardening and when the opportunity arises water sports such as windsurfing and surfing.
Areas of Specialism
- Residential Landlord and Tenant disputes including possession claims and all the issues arising out of Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
- Property disputes, Landlord & Tenant, Enfranchisement disputes, professional negligence claims.
- Service charge disputes and forfeiture of residential long leases.
- Supporting managing agents in the management of blocks of residential flats including advising on section 20 consultations and procedures for major works.
- Disputes arising out of Enfranchisement claims both in the County Court and the First Tier Tribunal.
- Professional negligence claims arising out of property transactions.
- Advocacy in the County Court and in the First Tier Tribunal.
- Advising Landlords on the Right to Manage procedure and actiing for Lessees pursuing the Right to Manage.