Attended Reading University 2001-2004. Went on to study LPC at College of Law, London. Emma worked in a London law firm for a year before commencing Training Contract with Thackray Williams. In 2012 Emma was made a Partner in the Employment Law Team. In January 2015 Emma became head of the Employment Law Team.
Areas of specialism
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on employment contracts, directors' service agreements, consultancy agreements, policies and procedures
- Advising on post-termination restrictions, garden leave clauses, confidentiality and intellectual property
- Advising on TUPE and corporate transactions
- Managing day-to-day employment issues such as disciplinary, ill-health, capability and grievance procedures
- Advising on redundancy and business reorganisations or sale of a business;advising on dismissal, including advice and representation in proceedings in employment tribunals
- Advising on changes to terms of employment, breach of contract disputes including pay disputes
- Advising on Nationality and immigration issues
- Advising on all discrimination and harassment claims
- Advising on maternity, paternity, flexible working and parental rights
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating compromise agreements and severance packages
Professional QUALIFICATIONS / Memberships
Emma has reviews on the Good Lawyer Guide
Shortlisted for the Law Society Excellence Awards 2011 in the category 'Junior Lawyer of the Year'
Member of Employment Lawyers Association
Governor at Pickhurst Infant School
Emma also gives lectures for Law South on professional conduct issues and at Bromley College on employment law issues.
What our clients say
“We cannot thank you enough...it is far more than we ever expected ... you are not only a top solicitor but a very nice person too. You have also been understanding & caring... ”
“Thank you for writing such a well crafted letter on my behalf. I feel it was absolutely spot on ,as difficult as it was to see things in black and white. ”
“Her letters written on my behalf were superb, and the time I know she spent researching the background showed a really impressive work ethic... She was always able to meet and talk with me and I felt I had someone with real 'clout' fighting my corner.”