Laura is based at our Bromley office and advises a broad range of clients from surviving elderly spouses, adult children to busy professionals. She believes in developing long-lasting professional relationships with her clients and is keen to be seen as their trusted advisor. She has an eye for detail and will always go the extra mile to achieve her clients’ aims.
Laura joined Thackray Williams in 2015 as a trainee solicitor having obtained a law degree at Bristol University and completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Leeds. Having completed her training contract, she qualified into the Private Client team in 2017. Laura recently obtained her Diploma in Administration of Trusts and Estates from the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP), which is a professional body recognised the world over and which only admits the most experienced practitioners in the field of trusts and estates.
Laura’s experience includes:
- Advising clients on Wills including discretionary trusts, flexible interest trusts and absolute gifts having identified the client’s objectives and potential inheritance tax implications.
- Managing all aspects of probate from start to finish including obtaining date of death valuations for the deceased’s assets, ascertaining details of lifetime gifts, preparation of forms IHT205 and IHT400, paying tax, collecting assets and distributing to beneficiaries.
- Drafting unusual oaths to include applications for double probate, a number of intestacies creating minor interests requiring the appointment of a co-executor and Grant Cessate.
- Administering estates up to a value of £3.25 million.
- Advising on the creation of a trust for a vulnerable beneficiary.
When not at work, Laura can be found taking in some of the glorious landscape Kent has to offer and one or two of the local tea shops.
What our clients say
Advice | 21 January 2021
Advice | 23 December 2020