T 020 8290 0440 Call us on 020 8290 0440  |  Email us  |  Request a call back

Open Close

Commercial Property Transactions

Licensing for commercial property

A premises licence will be required for any of the activities referred to below:


The sale of alcohol at any time. Every supply of alcohol must be made by a person holding a personal licence or authorised by a person holding a personal licence. A personal licence will need to be renewed every 10 years.

Regulated entertainment

Examples of regulated entertainment are: the performance of a play or live music; playing of recorded music; performance of a dance or sporting activity or similar entertainment. For entertainment to be regulated it must take place in front of an audience and the facilities (a dance floor etc) must be made available. There also is a requirement for either the facilities to be provided for the public or exclusively for members or the entertainment must be with a view to making a profit.

Late night refreshment (LNR)

LNR is defined as the supply of hot food or hot drink to the public between the hours of 11pm and 5am. The following are exempt: hot drink containing alcohol (provided you have a Premises Licence for alcohol); hot drink distributed via a vending machine where the payment is inserted by the member of the public; hot food or drink supplied free of charge; supplied by a charity; supplied on a vehicle which is not permanently or temporarily parked.

Any person not holding a valid licence is liable to imprisonment of up to six months and a fine not exceeding £20,000.

What we do