When taking on new business space, leaving your existing rented premises or entering into negotiations with a new tenant or occupier, you will want the process to run smoothly, in a timely manner and with the minimum of disruption to the day to day running of your business.
You therefore want to know that your legal team will guide you through the lease process efficiently and with an understanding of your business needs.
Whether you are taking on a new lease, transferring your lease (perhaps as part of a business sale or purchase), terminating your lease or granting a lease to a new tenant or subtenant, our commercial property team will be able to help with each step of the process.
We can help with:
- Drafting and agreeing heads of terms for the transaction.
- Drafting and negotiating leases, subleases, tenancy agreements and licences to occupy.
- Negotiating any additional transaction documents (for example, rent deposit deeds, licences to carry out works, consents to assign a lease or to sublet premises and guarantees).
- Carrying out full due diligence prior to the grant of a new lease or transfer of an existing lease (including making enquiries as to additional future outlays such as service charge).
- Terminating your lease (whether by agreeing terms for a surrender or exercising a right to break in the lease).
- Dealing with all aspects of property management for your property portfolio (for example managing requests from tenants to assign their lease, sublet or carry out works).