Thackray Williams LLP take the privacy and security of your data seriously in line with our legal obligations. This privacy notice explains how we will use and store any personal information you provide by applying for a job with Thackray Williams LLP.
What information do we collect?
We will collect, store and use the following types of personal data about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your CV and covering letter;
- The information you have provided to us in the application process including, name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment and education history, qualifications, personal interests;
- Any information you provide to us during an interview;
- Results of any assessments you may complete as part of the application process; and
As part of the recruitment and selection process we may also come across ‘special categories of personal data’ which may be stored and used such as:
- your racial or ethnic origin;
- your political opinions;
- your religious or philosophical beliefs;
- your trade union membership;
- your genetic or biometric data;
- your health;
- your sex life and sexual orientation; and
- any criminal convictions and offences.
This policy applies to all personal data whether it is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.
How will we collect personal data?
We may collect personal data from:
- you, the candidate;
- recruitment agencies;
- background check providers such as criminal records;
- external job sites such as Indeed;
- your named referees;
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully and may not be able to take your application further.
How will we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data for the purposes of your application to work with Thackray Williams LLP, for example:
- To assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- To carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- To communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- To keep records relating to our hiring processes; and
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We will not use your personal data for an unrelated purpose without telling you about it and the legal basis that we intend to rely on for processing it.
Use of special categories of personal data
It may be necessary to use special categories of personal data such as:
- Information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process;
- Information about your race, national or ethnic origin, religion, philosophical or moral beliefs, sexual orientation or gender to ensure meaningful equal opportunities monitoring and reporting; and
- Medical information as part of on-boarding if you are offered a job with us.
We may process special categories of personal data in the following circumstances:
- for medical purposes with your explicit written consent;
- where we need to carry out our legal obligations or exercise rights in connection with employment; or
- where it is needed in the public interest.
We do not need your consent if we use special categories of your personal data in accordance with this policy to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights in the field of employment law.
Sharing your personal data
As part of the application process it may be necessary to share your personal data with third parties such as pre employment checking for criminal records (Disclosure and Barring Service) or with an recruitment agency if you have applied to us using an agency.
We require those companies to take appropriate security measures to keep your personal data confidential and secure and to protect it in accordance with the law and our policies. They are only permitted to process your data for the lawful purpose for which it has been shared and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not send your personal data outside the European Economic Area. If this changes you will be notified of this and the protections which are in place to protect the security of your data will be explained.
Data Security and retention
Your data will be held securely in which ever format it is provided. Paper copies will be scanned and the paper copies destroyed once they are no longer required, such as after selection and any interview. We have robust IT security measures in place and only those involved in the recruitment and selection process will have access to your personal data as part of your application.
Any personal data that we hold will be securely erased / destroyed once your application has been considered, unless you are successful in securing a job with us, at which time our Employee Privacy notice will apply. If we think your application may be of interest to us for future vacancies we may ask your permission to hold on to your CV for a maximum of 12 months after which time it will be securely erased /destroyed.
Who are we and how to contact us