Applications for training contracts starting in September 2018 are now closed. We will announce submission deadlines for 2019 training contracts shortly.
How to apply
Download our application form and send with a covering letter to Jane MacLeod, Kings House, 32-40 Widmore Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RY, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be considered if accompanied by an application form.
There is no preference given to applicants who have law degrees as opposed to other degrees. However, a 2:1 degree is preferred as a minimum qualification, but we also look for common sense, good business and IT skills and plenty of enthusiasm.
Our training success:
- Winner of the ‘Best Recruiter’ - Small Firm’ award in the 2017 Law Careers Training & Recruitment Awards (TARAS).
- Came 3rd in the 2017 Law South Mooting Event.
- Nominated for the ‘Best Recruiter’ - Small Firm’ award in the 2016, 2015, 2014 & 2013 Law Careers Training & Recruitment Awards (TARAS).
- Law South Trainees Business Cup 2016 - Our trainees came 2nd out of 20 teams.
- Won the Law Careers award of ‘Best Trainer - Smaller Regional Firm’ in 2011. The awards, which recognise the best recruiters and trainers among the law firms, were based on a large survey of over 2,500 trainee and newly qualified solicitors..
- TW Trainees Win Law South 2013 Mooting Competition - Our first year trainees David Gibson and Michael Hibberd were pitted against 11 teams from other member firms of Law South. The competition took the format of two mock trials. After an intense day of debating, Michael and David finished as the winners and brought home the trophy for Thackray Williams.
- Law South Trainees Business Cup 2011 - our trainees beat eight other firms to win the Law South Trainees Business Cup.