Our specialist Academies Team recognises that deciding whether to change the status of your school is a daunting step. Comprising of experts in charity, education, property, employment and commercial law, we are well equipped to offer the full range of services you will need when making the transition to an Academy School.
We understand that what remains of paramount importance to you during the conversion process is your ability to continue providing an education to your pupils. At Thackray Williams we work in partnership with schools to remove the everyday anxieties caused by the legal complexities of this process.
Our Academies Team are able to advise you on the following:
- Key issues to consider when converting to an Academy;
- Assisting with the process of conversion including dealing with the commercial transfer agreement and transfer of land issues;
- Managing the process of transferring all employees in accordance the Transfer of Undertakings Regulations (TUPE) and all other employment law issues;
- Advising on consultation obligations with staff, pupils and parents;
- Negotiating assignments and/or renewals of existing supplier contracts and ensuring that new business contracts are agreed where appropriate; and
- Undertaking the incorporation of the Academy trust.
Following the conversion, we continue working with you providing advice on day-to-day post-conversion management issues.